Friday 5 April 2013

Inspiration.

So I have to make at least three DPS (Double Page Spreads) in order to pass my course, so, I have decided to create two standard DPS's and a feature containing two DPS's and possibly a cover page for the feature itself (as well as the front cover and contents page I have to have to pass), I am as of yet undecided, one of which I have commissioned, the others I have to write myself, but if one of them needs to cover five pages I will be very busy with that. I may make another it really depends on how much inspiration I can get for one specific feature, doesn't it. 

So here is what I am planning. 

DPS Number One (Commissioned) 

A Review of London 

The Commission 


"SUBJECT: London Review
WORD COUNT: 700-850
BRIEF:

Review of London.

Please write a brief description of the city and why it would be beneficial to visit this city with friends.
Please research where the cheapest and best quality place to stay would be.
Where you can eat cheaply, but somewhere nice that would be cheap enough for students, include somewhere that wouldn’t be a treat. Please also include must see places, like museums and whether or maybe talk about whether or not to go and see a show and/or other.

Bare in mind that this magazine is aimed at students that wish to travel in the near future. This feature would be aimed at students that are probably going in groups for a summer trip either before or after University.

Any pictures you feel are relevant, feel free to include."


I have very little input on this article besides the above, but I trust the writer to do a good job. 

DPS Number Two 

The Top Ten Haunted Places to Visit in Britain 

I did consider doing this feature as a around the world feature including not only Britain but also other countries that are renowned for haunted places. However, on reconsideration, I found it would be more appropriate to contain places within the boundaries of Britain as some students may not yet be able to afford to go abroad and it may be a way for students on the verge of separating because of their next steps (i.e going to University, travelling or getting a job) to spend a fun final summer together. 

For this article I intend to sites and articles like 

http://www.visitbritain.com/en/Top-10-most-haunted-places/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/oct/31/top10.uk 
http://www.uncannyuk.com/838/top-50-most-haunted-places-in-britain-10/

for inspiration.

Could also include a road map of easiest route to take, be it with a car or public transportation.

I am unsure as of yet of the look I want for this DPS standalone.

DPS Number Three 

New Zealand Feature

I think this one will be my feature and I think it will be a what to do in New Zealand piece.

I think this will be good because it will include not only the renowned - bungee jumping and skydiving ect, but also free things for the low budgeted students, so museums, walks and other, that will have to be researched further on in the project when the article is being planned and written.

For this I will use sites like:
http://www.newzealand.com/uk/things-to-do/ 
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g255104-Activities-New_Zealand.html
http://www.statravel.co.uk/new-zealand-top-10.htm

I think that the depth of this could make it the five page feature I want it to cover.


And that's it, I may do another but it will have to depend on time restrictions and other such restrictions.
Inspiration for front cover and contents page probably coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment