Saturday 20 April 2013

Images

I am just trying to gather all the images I need for my 'Haunted Road Trip' piece and was quite inspired when I saw this:


I dont know what it is about it but I think there is something about it that I want to do something with. Obviously because it is a album cover I wouldn't be able to use it in my DPS but I would use the style to influence he designing of the page. Which I may be inclined to do to supply the page with an eeriness that suits the pages content. 


The 'Most Haunted' show I think would be recognisable to some of the articles readers, this could be gestured to via advertisement in that edition of the magazine or the design aspect could be referred to. I don't really think it would be suitable for the overall design of the magazine however so I am unsure, but doubtful of this designs presence. 

Here are some examples of other ghost/paranormal based magazines.





The first's design I don't think would be suitable to be used in anyway as I don't really like it. However, the other three may be possible, the second and third more so than the fourth, as they're are more ghost-esq than the the first and fourth. The colour schemes I think are more inspirational and the style of the images more so than those on the other two. I may adopt a similar style to these. 

I think that this is the map I will use to draw the route (guided by the google maps example) with a red marker. I think that this will be suitable to the magazines style and audience. Having said that, I may edit the image so that it suits the darker colour scheme I wish to adopt for my DPS as inspired by the images above. 



No comments:

Post a Comment