Sunday 5 May 2013

Contents

Here is the research for the for the creation of my contents page.



I liked the simplicity of these pages, I want to have a simplicity that also linked to the title of my magazine as there hasn't a reference to it before. 
I like that this design is simple and allows for a side bar, something that I haven't yet employed in this magazine design. I think that it would be interesting to experiment with but I wouldn't know what to put in it and I am a bit concerned that it would be a little bit crowded. 

I really like the simplicity of this design, I think that if I could find a really good image to bleed across the DPS then this page may look really good, I think that this is my favourite design as it is simple and still has the ability to capture the readers attention, potentially. 


I don't particularly like this design as I feel that it would be really crowded with an image per feature. I think that it would be far too busy, which would conflict with the theme of the magazine. 

Having searched for various images on flickr I finally found this one. 


Having found this image I decided that I wanted to use it to it's full capacity. So I decided to do this. 


I am really happy with this design, but as it was done on Illustrator it needs to be converted to an page on InDesign. I think that the page good because it conveys what it needs to, without over crowding.

However much I liked this page however, I wasn't sure if it really suited my magazine, having said this I decided to make the font Helvetica so that it would suit my other pages and fade the image slightly. Having done this I looked at some more contents pages and discovered that mine was rather lacking in information, so I added more page numbers gathered from my flat plan. This took up to much space so I separated the columns into two to create this:


Having faded the image, made the two columns and changed the font to the ones that appear consistently throughout the magazines features I believe that the page is now a lot more in keeping with the magazines design. I also think that the line that separates the two columns really adds to the page. I'm now happier with this design than I was with any of the previous. I feel that the fading of the image adds to the feel I wanted the magazine to have, contrasting with my competitors, I wanted there to be a rougher and more adventurous feel the the magazine and I feel that this page most portrays this sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment